Sunday, December 03, 2006

Two Little Girls in Blue, The House, At Risk & Pope Joan

Mary Higgins Clark, "Two Little Girls in Blue" but definitely along the lines of previous Mary Higgins Clark. Very suspenseful. A quick read. Would recommend to anyone who likes her novels.

The House, by Danielle Steele, is one of the better one of Steele's novels I have read, seeing that I haven't read one in 12 years. The last one I read was so awful, I threw it in the trash rather than pass it on. Since I live in a 117 year-old house, this story was something more that I could relate to.

At Risk, by Patricia Cornwell, seemed more like a short story. It was a quick and suspenseful read but I have read much better from Cornwell. Done in one afternoon.

The best book I have read lately is "Pope Joan" by Donna Woolfolk Cross. Reminded me a bit of "The Historian" but not as lengthy. A wonderfully written book and fascinating to read about this bit of "erased" history from the Catholic church. I would definitely recommend this book.

No comments: